Curry chicken salad…a marriage of my deep love of Indian food and good chicken salad. This builds on my classic chicken salad recipe with a few Indian twists. While deep in chicken salad recipe development a few weeks ago, I had a craving on my curry version, but not sure Jeff would like it, I still made a traditional one for him. Surprise! The person who claims not to like Indian food couldn’t get enough of this salad!
Don’t have any chicken? Try my fail-proof poached chicken recipe for tender, flavorful chicken every time http://whatskatecooking.com/2016/06/poached-chicken/
- ½ cup Whole milk Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup Sour cream
- ¼ cup Mayonnaise (I use Duke's)
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp Curry powder
- 2 Celery, minced
- 2 Scallions, green and white parts, minced
- 1 -2 tbsp Cilantro, minced
- ¼ cup Raisins, golden (optional)
- 3 cups Shredded chicken breasts (from about 2 chicken breasts)
- In a medium bowl place Greek yogurt, sour cream, mayonnaise, Kosher salt and curry powder. Whisk to combine.
- Add celery, scallions, cilantro, raisins (if using) and chicken.
- Mix throughly.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 2 days.