Chips and salsa are big in our house, so I’m always trying to come up with new versions. I made this salsa for the boys’ first night home from college – Mexican is always their favorite meal – and they all loved it! Of course with three college boys in the house, the whole batch of salsa, and the bag of chips, was gone by the next morning!
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of Diced tomatoes - I used one regular and one fire roasted
- 1 tbsp Minced garlic
- ½ - 1 tsp Chipotle powder (use ½ if you aren't sure how much heat you like)
- 1-2 tbsp Cilantro, minced (optional)
- Drain tomatoes of their liquid and place in a small bowl.
- Add the garlic, chipotle powder and cilantro if using and mix throughly.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour for the flavors to meld. You can make up to one day ahead, but if using cilantro, add before serving.
- Serve with chips.